How can setting goals help your fertility?
When I talk about setting goals for your fertility coaching journey, clients often say “But why should I set goals? My goal is to get pregnant and have a baby!”
However, while this is most likely your intention, it’s important to realise that conception is one of those things over which we unfortunately have very little control. We can influence it, but we can’t make it happen.
What you can do is identify and create SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and timely) goals that will help you (and your partner, if applicable) to be in an optimum fertile state and create the best possible conditions for conception and birth to occur.
Some questions you can ask yourself to help identify your fertility goals:
- How would you describe a state of fertility and health?
- What do you think will help you to have a baby?
- When you are in a state of mental, emotional and physical balance, how will you know?
- When you are in a fertile state, how will you know? What might you be doing differently?
- What do you need to let go of in order to move forward?